Monday, November 17, 2014

BEST WEEK THUS FAR!!

So this week in the mission has been one of the best weeks for me!! So there was this guy that came to church all of a sudden about 2 weeks ago. We went to his house after church and found out that he has been an investigator for a couple of years. He said that he wasnt ready to get baptized but that he liked the missionaries. He basically loved to hear the world of God but wasnt willing to make the changes in his life and follow Jesus Christ. So we set up another appointment with him to come back and speak with him. During weekly planning my companion and I thought really hard about what we should teach him when we went back to his house. Oh awesome thing I forgot to say is that he speaks English. His name is Luis and he lived in the states for like 20 25 years so he speaks English really well. So I was really excited to look up scriptures to share in English for once. Anyways, My comp. and I prayed about what to teach. Afterwards we realized that if he wasnt going to follow Christ and make changes in his life then we werent going to continue to work with him. After all our purpose is to invite others to come unto christ by helping them recieve the restored gospél through faith in Jesus Christ and his attonement, repentence, baptism, receiving the gift of the holy ghost and enduring to the end. When we got to his house on Wednesday he was talking about how he was saved and recieved the holy ghost. My comp. talked to him for a little while when all of a sudden I felt this really strong prompting to just open my mouth and say something. When I did I just testified of Gods love for him and how my family has been blessed from the gospel. He just started to cry. I then told him that he can recieve these same blessings by following Jesus Christ and being baptized on the 6th of December. He said YES!! He just cried and knew that he needed to do it. Before he was just very selfish and wanted nothing to do with baptism. Now he knows its something that he needs in his life. The spirit was just really strong and we got out of there ASAP to keep the spirit in his home. After the lesson my comp and I had no words. We were so excited and felt the spirit so strong. He tesified the this man and told him what he needed to do. This was the best moment of my mission thus far. I love the mission and hope to help this guy change his life.
Well with all the wonderful things that the mission brings it also has some rough moments. So this week we went to the house of some investigators of ours. They are a really sweet family the only problem is is that they are adventist and think that the sabbeth day is on Saturday. So we were having a really hard time getting them to church. Also everytime we go to there house they give us books from there church and tell us to read them. Well this week they took it a little to far. They told us that my comp and I needed to pray and found out what day the sabbeth day is on and what church is true. So I guess you can say we were being taught a lesson from them. So we dropped them as investigators and maybe one day they will be ready to here the missionaries and see that this gospel is true. Very sad but I know that they will one day know the truth.
Well No crazy dogs this week. They all loved us and stayed locked up for the week. haha. Well you guys Yo se que Jesucristo es mi salvador y que el Libro de mormon es la palabra de Dios. Al comprender que Dios es su Padre, que el lo ama, usted sabe la importancia que tienen sus deciones durante esta vida. Dios tienen un plan para nosotros. Besitos por todos!! Lots of love
-Hermana Patrick

P.S it says... I know that Jesus Christ is my savior and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. Once you understand that God is your father, that he loves you, you will know the importance of the desisions you make during this life. God has a plan for us. Kisses for all. lots of love.


                                               The Elders and I were matching lol

The little girl in the blue is getting baptized on the 29th of this month. She is an investigator of ours. Also the boy in the yellow shirt on the 6th of december. This is at there house
                        Hes 6 years old but will be baptized when he is 8. He is soo excited


                                        He is a future missionary lol

                                Some of my district doing the duck face lol just for gwen

                                              Me and Elder Maravilla
                                                     Me and Elder Casillo

                                                        Elder Hoeft and I

Okay this is for the family.. Me and Elder Castillo singing Nearer my god to the in spanish. We are going to sing on Sunday at church together so we were practicing. 

                                      Okay did I mention that Elder Casillo is famous in his country.. He was a singer before the mission. He had a stage name though lol.. Anyways, Here is him singing just for the Patrick family. At the end he says that the patricks are the best lol

No comments:

Post a Comment