Monday, November 24, 2014

Hola everyone!!

Hola, So this week we were just a little bit of everywhere. Lets just start off with something that I am looking forward to this coming Saturday. I have my first baptism this Saturday! Im sooo excited. This is the 11 year old girl that basically asked us to baptize her. Her mom was a less active but has now gotten off the less active list because she has been coming to church every week. This family is sooo amazing. Every time we come to teach Brittney (who is the little girl we are baptizing) more and more people join in with us. Cousins, Aunts, uncles, you name it. Now two other people in the family have dates to be baptized. Its amazing to see how the work is moving forward here in my area. This family reminds me so much of my family back in the day. haha. We use sooo many object lesson with this family because they have a 2 year old son who is wild. So we have fun things to do and all the kids and even adults love them. Every Saturday at the church we have an activity in which we play futbol (soccer). At the activity this week we had tons of investigators attend. It was super cool. The work is just moving on forward.
Also we have been teaching this guy name Luis for a couple of weeks now. He has been an investigator for like 6 years now. Anyways, we have a baptism date set for him but we have tons of work to do before he can be baptized. He is super awesome and his lessons are the best... not only because he speaks English haha. He is super awesome.. Oh and guess what?? I haven't had rootbeer in like 3 or 4 months and at his house you can find rootbeer lol... His house is just really American. I love it.
Another exciting event that is taking place this week is going to the temple. The cool thing about it is I think Brittneys mom will be coming and right when we get back we have her daughters baptism. It will be a special day for her family.
I would just like to leave a scripture with you all this week, its something that my mission has been studying alot. Its in D&C Seccion 4, 1. "He aqui, una obra maravillosa esta a punto de aparecer entre los hijos de los hombres. 2. Por tanto, oh vosotros que os embarcais en el servicio de Dios, mirad que le servais con todo vuestro corazon, alma, mente y fuerza, para que aparezcais sin culpa ante Dios en el ultimo dia. 3. De modo que, si teneis deseos de servir a Dios, sois llamados a la obra. 4. Pues he aqui, el campo blanco esta ya para la siega, y he aqui, quien mete su hoz con su fuerza atesora para si, de modo que no perece, sino que trae salvacion a su alma. 5. Y fe, esperanza, caridad y amor, con la mira puesta unicamente en la gloria de Dios, lo califican para la obra. 6. Tened presente la fe, la virtud, el conocimiento, la templanza, la paciencia, la bondad fraternal, piedad, caridad, humildaddiligencia.
7. Pedid, y recibireis, llamad, y se os abrira. Amen.
I really like vs. 2 because it says, see that you serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength. So I've been trying to do that in my work her in Santiago.


Well nothing to crazy this week... Oh for p-day today we got to go on a boat with our district. It was super cool. Pictures coming soon!! Love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! Happy Black Friday shopping!! :) 


                                        This is Luis. Hes the investigator I was talking about. He let us hold his bird
  Me and Elder Castillo

                                         on the boat
                                          I was trying to take a picture and then the dog just walked right up.

                                          My Companion and I
                                          More on the boat
                                          Me and Elder Nysetvold my District leader.

                                        My district on the Boat today for p-day

No comments:

Post a Comment