Monday, January 19, 2015

Dog story...... its been a while

Hola everyone,
     Hope you all had a wonderful week. My companion and I have been working really hard here in Santiago!! We have also had some really hard days this week. Two people told us that they didnt believe what we taught and that Joseph Smith didnt see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. They also told us that prophets were important back in the day and that they had there time but now they arent important. Its just soo sad to me that people dont know the truth. I just really wanted to help this lady sooo much. I tried bearing my testimony to her but she just shot me down. Maybe one day in the near future she will know the truth.
Other then the hard times this week we had a baptism. It was the first one for my comapnion, she was sooo excited. I am to haha. Hermana Duvy (lady who was baptized) was just sooooo ready to hear the gospel. Right before the baptism we watched the Joseph Smith Restoration video with her. After the video was over she looked at my companion and I and told us that everything we taughted her was true. That the Book of Mormon was true and that J.S really didnt see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. After the baptism on Sunday she got up and shared her testimony to everyone there. During her testimony she thanked my companion and I for everything that we taught her. She said we gave her the truth!! She was soo happy. Now she is really hitting hard on family history. She is soo excited to go to the temple in March. She needs Sister Bluths help with some good old fashion family history. They dont have anyone in the branch that knows alot. We are so excited for what is to come with Hermana Duvy. She is awesome!!
Also this week during divisions with one of the sister training leaders I got bit by a dog. After all this time of no crazy dog stories now you have one. Sit back and enjoy. So here we were just walking down the street and my companion for the day stops to ask a member in her area where an investigator of theirs lives. As we stoped and talk to the member I noticed that they had a really unclean dog. He was kinda big but looked super nice. He wasnt barking or anything. So me being comfortable with dogs (You know... since nothing bad has happened in a while) went to pet the dog which was inside the gate of the house. I put my fingers next to its nose so that it could smell me before I pet him then BAM!!!!! As he was sniffing me BOOM he bit my fingers and started to bark. The member looked over and yelled NO, HE BITES!! Well thanks for telling me... to late now haha. My companion was freaking out. But I was fine just a little scrap and some skin. No big deal. You cant even tell now haha... So their is your dog story. Long time... sorry guys haha.
Well today (it being preparation day) we got to hike a mountain. It was about 2 hours to the top. Super cold but really cool. Pictures are to come.
 have learned alot about studying the scriptures latley. We need to make sure that we study every day. I have made it a goal to read my scriptures in Spanish this next change. I just started and Im almost out of Nephi. I dont understand everything but thats okay. I invite you guys to join me. Love you guys and hope you have a great week!!!
OFF TO WORK!!

-Hermana Patrick


                                          This is Hermana Duvy that got baptized yesterday!!

                                      This is Hermana Duvy that got baptized yesterday!!

                                      This is Hermana Duvy that got baptized yesterday!!


This is Hermana Duvy that got baptized yesterday!!
                                          This preperation day we got to hike a mountain!! Super fun!!

                                          This preperation day we got to hike a mountain!! Super fun!!

                                            This preperation day we got to hike a mountain!! Super fun!!

                                            This preperation day we got to hike a mountain!! Super fun!!

This preperation day we got to hike a mountain!! Super fun!! 
 This preperation day we got to hike a mountain!! Super fun!!


 This preperation day we got to hike a mountain!! Super fun!!

 This preperation day we got to hike a mountain!! Super fun!!

T







more pictures of my area here in Panama

                                          A bus with my name haha!!! Im famous here in Panama

No comments:

Post a Comment