Wednesday, February 18, 2015

LOCKDOWN and the New Testaments!! :)

Well guys, not to much this week considering the fact that we were inside for 5 days haha. BUT!!! During 4 of those days I read the WHOLE New Testament!!!!! I cant believe it either. And I really enjoyed reading it as well. Now I am starting the Old Testament so we will see how that goes. During this time I hae really come to know my savior Jesus Christ. He is super awesome! He did something for us that no one else could, and Im not perfect so I really need it. I would invite you guys to really read and ponder what the New Testaments messages have to offer for each and everyone of us.
Well early in the week, before the lockdown we met an American! His name is John. He was on vacation for 4 or 5 months (I know I wish my vacation was that long too) and my companion and I were sitting at the bus stop waiting for a bus that never came. He was walking by and stopped to talk to us because he saw that my companion is white. He doesnt have much faith in anything and didnt really know about the church so for an hour plus we spentat the bus stop talking with him. He is a super funny guy and turns out the he is biking Costa Rica and panama. How crazy!!! He biked all the way to Panama from Costa Rica. Anyways, so we found out the he was going to be staying one more day in Santiago so we set up an appointment to meet with him the next day. We came back with the Elders and taught him about an 2 hour lesson and gave him my only Englsih Book of Mormon. He said that he would read it, I hope he does. Then we went off on our way. I have his cell number and first name and thats about it. If anyone wants to do missionary work back in the states let me know :) He lives in Alaska. (Butts family) haha.
Well I read the New Testaments... sorry I keep bringing that up. Just so pround of myself haha. Well guys I love you all and miss you tons. I will be sending off letters to some of you today so you should get them in a month haha. If you would like letters please send my your address. I only have a few. Okay love you all.
KEEP THE FAITH AND STAY STRONG!!
Love always, Hermana Patrick


No comments:

Post a Comment