Tuesday, September 30, 2014

TEMPLE TRIP!!!! :)

Hola,
     So this week was like the best week of my mission. I got to go to temple this week with some members of my branch. The best part is is that we have an investigator that we have been working with for a long time now and he never comes to church. But he got up at 1 in the morning to get on the bus and go to the temple with us. He had such a great experience. Although he couldnt go inside we gave him a tour around the temple grounds. We talked a little about what goes on in the temple and shared our testimony with him. He went to the book store and got a Book of Mormon and some other things. I was super happy!! Also I love the temple and I had a really cool experience while there.

So this week I had my first experience with the Holy Ghost...Well I have them all the time but this one was awesome. So my companion and I were walking down the street and we were about to go to a less actives house when all of a sudden I had this really strong feeling that we should go to this ladys house. She was sitting on the pourch talking with, what we found out was a friend. I kind of just ignored it at first and kept walking down the street but I just keep having a strong feeling. I stoped in the middle of the street and told my companion "okay we need to go back and talk to this lady, Im not sure why but we need to". My companion smiled and we started to walk back. We got to the front of her house and asked her how she was doing. She told us to come on up. We walked up to her pourch and she went in her house and got two chairs. She was just so willing to listen to our message. Her friend left...I dont think she really liked us but thats okay. Anyways we talked about the Atonment and what Christ has done for us and at the end of the lesson we invited her to be baptized. She said that she would think about it but the awesome part is is that she has already read the Book of Mormon. You wanna know why?? Well Ill tell you... because her daughter is a member of the church. Small world. Her daughter is less active but thats where we come in. We are going to try and find her daughter and get her active again and maybe get the mom to join as well. I really think she could be awesome! We also invited her to conference this week.

Well this week we did some service for a really old lady in the branch. Shes like 85, but anyways her husband and her are to old to clean there house she we did it for them. I have never seen so many spiders in my life. They were everywhere. But dont worry mom I got that house into good shape. Its nice and clean now. She was so greatful.

As for food...well its the same all the time. Rice, beans, chicken. Every once in a while we will eat something crazy but nothing to crazy.


Well thats all for this week! Love you all and miss you like crazy!


-Hermana Patrick

                                                    This is my companion and I at the temple
                         This is the investigator that went with us to the temple. His name is John Carlos
                                                                Side of the temple
                       So for P-day last week we went to the lake. This i my companion and I doing the duck face for gwen! lol
                                                         Cool picture from the lake lol
Temple picture

                                                         Mountains in the back
  P-day last week. This is my whole district. In the back round there are some mountains if you can see

We climbed this big rock. In the back round there we tons of mountains

                                                                  lake
                                                   Cool picture from the lake lol
                                           Frozen haha for gwen and gregory
                                                   P-day yesterday Nerf Gun war

No comments:

Post a Comment