Monday, June 8, 2015

Prayers are answered!!! :)

Hola everyone,

       So let me just start out by saying tomorrow I will have 11 months in the mission. Time is just going and going!

Well this week has had its ups and downs. Let me just start off by saying that I have never been afraid of a rain storm in my life until I came to Blas. It rained so hard one day this week that we had no cell service the whole day. The rain came down and the floods came up!!! It was about 2 in the morning when my companion and I woke up to thunder. The houses were shaking and the wind was nuts. We thought that this was the end of our lives. My companion was crying and I was in shock. I told my companion that we should say a prayer but she was to scared to get up out of her hammock. So I told her to say a personal prayer, I did the same. I dont think I have ever asked Heavenly Father for something as much as I did this time. I just prayed that me and my companion could be safe and that we could get some sleep. I remembered the story of how Jesu Cristo calmed the seas.
I prayed so hard, harder then ever before. I dont remember saying amen.... I went right to sleep and the storm didnt bother me anymore.
We woke up at 6:30 the next morning and everything was a mess. I asked my comp. how long the storm went for after we woke up. She told me about 3 hours. It was amazing!! I slept like a baby!!!! I didnt even notice or hear anything. Heavenly Father does answer prayers just in case any of you were wondering! :)

So other news this week... We had a wonderful activity at the church with the whole branch. They havent had an activity in a really long time so it was great to see everyone there. They wanted to learn how we danced in the United States so I thought them the only thing I new.
Some few line dances to some country songs and the cupid shuffle haha.
They loved it. We had some food and sang hymns, it was a great night!

On another note during this branch activity my comp. was helping serve juice to the kids and a young adult had her camera. She told him to be careful with it and he said okay. We got back home that night and were resting while looking at pictures from the activity. My comp. turns on her camera and just starts to cry. The young adult erased ALL of her pictures. So story time... about 5 or 6 months ago my companion arrived here on San Blas with her last comp. She had a camera with all her pictures from her whole mission. Her first week her someone stole her camera with her memory card and she lost all her pictures from her mission. Now the young adult deleted all her pictures. Poor thing has no pictures of her whole mission. Worst thing is is that she goes home in 2 weeks. She just cried and cried. I didnt know what to do. I said a quick prayer and thought of my dad. He is great with these kinds of things so I thougt what would he do..... After a while I told my comp that we could go to the church and I could try and get some pictures back for her. I was only able to save about 30 or 40 pictures but I guess it was better then nothing. Now we are taking a million pictures!!!

So this email is really long haha so I will leave you guys with one more thing that happened this week. The Elders arrived on our island two days ago to check on the branch and to see how things were going.
During this time we were teaching a member about the priesthood and how he could recieve it to do many wonderful things. After the lesson he told us that he had a family member that was super sick and he wanted the Elders to go and give her a blessing. So we went to the house in which we found 3 sick people laying in there hammocks. The Elders told them the power that they had and what a blessing was and asked each of them if they wanted a blessing. They were not members but they said YES! So the Elders gave each of them a blessing. Two of which were in Kuna and 1 in Spanish. The spirit was super strong!!!!
AMAZING!!

Well I love you all and hope you have a great week. Sorry if im boring haha. I will actually send some pictures this week haha.

Love always,

Hermana Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment