Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Las Mujeres!!!! :)

Hola everyone,

   So this week was very interesting so lets just start with a few points...

1. So Im going to start off with a wonderful story that gave me a panic attack the other day.. So here we are coming home at about 9:30pm from one of our citas that we had with some investigators of ours. When we got home our neighboors were having a party and asked if we wanted to play soccer with them and there kids. We told them we couldnt because we had to go to bed in a little while. They begged and begged and we finally just said yes but only for 10 mins. They were fine with that and so we started to play with them. After we were done playing with them we went back into our house to take showers and to plan for the next day. I grabbed my towel and headed for the bathroom. When I turned on the light something came sprinting out of the bathroom and around the corner. I screamed and ran out of the room. It was the biggest "cockroach" I had ever seen in my whole entire life. It was like 6 inches long. I HATE COCKROACHES!! I told my comp to go and kill it and she walks in the room with some spray to kill it. She goes in and sees how big it is and comes out and is freaking out as well. So we ran to the neighboors and asked for some of the little boys to come and kill it. One of the boys is walking to our house when he looks at me and says "I catch cockroaches for fun"...... ummmmmm gross!!! So anyways, we all walk into the house and go toward the room and then the kids start to freak out and they scream when they see it. They all jump on the bed and are screaming and then I run outside and scream. My comp is laughing soooo hard and then the "cockroach" starts to come out of the house towards me... I run! Then its out of the house and into the street. The boys come outside and they all look at me and say, "that wasnt a cockroach." I asked them what it was and they all scream "IT WAS A MOUSE." Funny story... yeah after that I couldnt breath for like 20 mins. CRAZY!!! 

2. So we were contacting this guy while waiting for a bus and ALL he had to say was LAS MUJERES!! He was like woman are the best thing in the world. If we didnt have woman we would be lost. Every time we tried to talk about something else he would just find a way to turn it back to woman. He was very interesting!!

3. So also in news we were standing on the sidewalk and were waiting for a taxi to come by when this 83 year old lady started talking to us in English. She was sooooo nice!! She was saying that she had a daughter that lived in the states and she learned English here in Panama. We talked for about 10 mins and then gave her a card with our info on it. When we were about to leave she tried handing us $2.00. We told her we couldnt take it and she just fought it haha. After a while she gave up and instead we told her we could give her a hug. She liked that idea! So we hugged her and went on our way. While crossing the street this lady stopped us and told started to yell at us and tell us that we were teaching false doctrine. She started to tell people all around her that we were bad and then we told her we were sorry that she felt that way and she yelled more. She then asked where it says in the Bible the stuff we were teaching people. We told her that it talks a lot about our religión in the Bible but she just yelled and said NO. We didnt want to fight her so we just walked away and told her to have a good day. Nice lady..

4. So the best part about this week was this story right here... So we have 2 families right now that need to be married to be baptized. We have been working a lot with one family and this coming week on Monday they will be getting married. They have been together for 14 years but have never gotten married. So we were at there house for a FHE and while sitting on there sofa the wife Hermana Carol came in and was in tears. We asked her what was wrong and she just showed us her left hand. It was a very pretty ring! We all jumped up and screamed and asked her when she got it. She said she had gotten it like 2 seconds before haha. She said she was cooking and her future husband came in the room and gave her a roll (bread). She said thanks and he walked to the said of the Wall and just waited. Carol took a bite and when she did she felt something hard so she spit it out. Inside was the ring. She turned around and came right out of the room in tears. Not even saying thanks to her future husband she came right to us and told us what happened. It was so amazing! After she told us she ran to him and gave him a Kiss. So cute!! So Monday they are getting married :) So so so excited!! :)

5. So I was sitting on the bus and trying to talk to this lady but she was not having it. I asked her how she was and she just acted like I wasnt even there. I asked her what her name was and same thing. I think she was just having a bad day. Or I was was just way to cute she couldnt stand it. I think the second one ;) haha.

So yeah this week was very fun. We also spent all Monday in the hot Panama heat playing soccer with the Elders. We got sooo sun burned. It was just my comp and I with 10 Elders haha. The other Hermanas didnt want to play.

I have learned so much this week and my testimony is becoming so much stronger. Im so greatful for my mission and for the chance I have to serve the people of Panama, even if its super hot here haha. Yo se que esa es la iglesia verdadero. Nosotros tenemos un salvador que nos ama mucho! Se que El Libro de Mormón es verdadero! Se que las familias pueden ser eternals!

xoxo

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Patrick
   
   

    

No comments:

Post a Comment