Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Fun foods and Temple!!

Hola,

     This week was full of spiritual things... I also have great food stories for you guys so lets get started!

1. So the highlight of my week.... This family that I have been telling you guys about is just amazing. They have been coming to church every week and right now are in the process of getting married so they can be baptized. But this week all the missionaries in my zone planned to go to the temple with our investigators. We rented out a bus and were all supposed to meet at this stop with all of our investigators. So we had 9 investigators that were going to go. Including this family (btw their name is the Alston family). So the Alston family waited for 45 mins with us at the stop and then we get a call from our Zone leader. He says that we couldnt go to the temple because it was closed and they werent letting anyone in the gates. But we had all of our investigators just standing there waiting. So we told our Zls that we were going to get on a bus and just go and walk the outside of the temple with our investigators. It wouldnt be the same but they would still be able to feel the spirit. They gave us permission and we headed on our way. An hour and a half car ride to the city. Our investigators had cars so we just took their cars instead of the bus. We arived at the temple and to our surprise the gates were open. We looked at each other and just decided to go in until they kicked us out. We we walked up to the doors gates of the temple there were people outside working. They just kept looking at us so we knew they werent going to let us in. So we were all about to leave when I got the prompting to just go and talk to them. I walked up to them and they spoke English. They were from the states and were here in Panama working on the temple. I explained to them that we wanted to give our investigators a tour of the temple on the outside and they said "sure why not?" They were so nice and understood everything. We thanked them and they let us all come in. It was such a great experience for this family. We explained the things we can do in the temple and how families can be together forever!! They LOVED that. After the tour the father whos name is William said something to me that I will never forget. He told me that if we didnt find him they would have never knew that the temple was here in Panama and there lives would be as happy as they are right now. He said that he really loves the church and cant wait to be baptized and then a year later enter into the temple. Then he starts talking about his 10 year old son and how he is going to serve a mission when he is 18 so he can help people like we helped them. When I look at William I see happy, peace, and also my dad. He is full of love and really loves the góspel. I see my dad when he joined the church and I looked at my dad before I left to serve a mission and how proud he was of me. I see that in Williams eyes and it stands as a strong testimony to me. When I look at the mother Elizabeth I see my mom as well. Se is always trying to take care of us and really loves us. She is like my mom away from home. Then I look at there son and see me. The same Little kid I was when I joined the church and see what this kid is going to be doing 8 years from now. He will be serving a mission. I hope in Texas so I can feed him haha. This family is sooooo amazing and they are why I came to Panama. I have found them. I have found the people I have came here for. They are sooo amazing!! I wish you guys could meet them. Yall would love them! Words cant describe how I feel about this family.

2. Also this week we walk in rain ALL DAY LONG!! It was fun but a big cold haha. Better then all the heat.

3. So yesterday we had this guy come to church and he stayed the whole time. Then when I walked up to him to see who he was he was like... "can you please baptize me?" He said he really liked the church and wanted to be baptized.. So we shall see what happens with that.

4. So my comp slipped and fell and did some special move to get up. She was really sore afterwards haha..

5. SO WHAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING TO TELL MY MOM ALL WEEK!!! So guess what.. This week I have eaten Pig tail, Clam, shrimp, Shell fish and some nasty soup. Pig tail is gross but everything else wasnt too bad. I try tons of new things here mom haha. Also here in Panama they have this fruit called Guanabana. Its sooooo good. They make really good juice out of it.

So yeah guys that has been my week. I love you all and like I say all the time miss yall tons!! :) Hope yall have a great week!!

With tons of love,

Hermana Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment